The Booger Pickin' Morons

We're not really morons, we just play one on TV. Ok, the TV part is not true. Take a little trip down a scary little road we like to call "the inside of my (our) head". We're like you, only maybe a little weirder. If nothing else, we can promise that you'll never know what might get said here... that's a real-deal promise.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Where's the editor?

I am a grammar freak. My friends will tell you that I made some enemies by correcting people's grammar all the time. At our wedding, the pastor said, "And at the request of the bride, please respond 'We shall'" to which my friends and family laughed; Kevin's family was like, "What???"
I just cannot bring myself to say I will and cringe when others use I and me incorrectly and all of that kind of thing. I have quit saying anything (for the most part) but it still gets to me.

You can imagine that I enjoy finding goofs in publications and such. So, here is today's headline:

Gators Make History With Duel Titles
By MARK LONG, AP Sports Writer

Come on, Mark! I mean, it is great that an SEC team did this but are the titles really fighting? Or maybe you meant 'dual'?

Just a little goof for the day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home