The Booger Pickin' Morons

We're not really morons, we just play one on TV. Ok, the TV part is not true. Take a little trip down a scary little road we like to call "the inside of my (our) head". We're like you, only maybe a little weirder. If nothing else, we can promise that you'll never know what might get said here... that's a real-deal promise.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Kissing

Okay, on Tuesday my husband picked up the boys from day care. "Alex is kissing girls." Great, do you have any details? Like is he kissing the same one repeatedly or is he sluttin' it up? Is he disrupting class or just being his affectionate self & greeting everyone with a little kiss on the cheek? Are we talking just cheeks or lips or are we full on tongue kissing? Of course, Kevin did not know any of these answers.

Turns out he is smooching one gal in particular. She is new. He kisses her a few times throughout the day: when he first sees her, before lunch, after lunch, and before nap time. He did not kiss her goodbye when we left. Here's his MO: He kisses Naomi and his friend Will and then says "You are my friend". He kisses them both on the lips ("Very European", says Kevin) but no tonguage, thankfully. I spoke to Naomi's mom & she is thinking the same way I do...cool so long as neither is ill and there is no disrupting class time. I am not so sure Will's mom would be in the same mind frame. I don't know her or his dad. Frankly, I do not care that Alex kisses him. Glad that he is happy to share his love for his friends without the stigma that would surely be seen by some older kids. I asked him last night as I put him to bed about the kissing. He said "I kiss you, Daddy, Trevor, and my friends. We are supposed to kiss our friends."

I hope Will's folks do not freak out about it. I am proud that my son is so loving and affectionate toward his friends. How many times have you forgotten to love on your friends and then you are miles & miles away and unable to do so in person? Get to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home