The Booger Pickin' Morons

We're not really morons, we just play one on TV. Ok, the TV part is not true. Take a little trip down a scary little road we like to call "the inside of my (our) head". We're like you, only maybe a little weirder. If nothing else, we can promise that you'll never know what might get said here... that's a real-deal promise.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Psst...

I can remember
The first
Time
I saw her
Face,
As if it were
Yesterday.
The image
Burned
Permanently
Into my mind-
Each long curl of hair draped down her slender neck and nearly reaching her back,
Until she pulled them up into a bun and held it there long enough
For me to see
Those two
Dark eyes-
Irish eyes.
I love those eyes and the way the conceal
Nothing
And give away her every mood.
No eyes
I've ever known
Can sparkle
With such joy
Or burn
With such rage.
No eyes have ever held my attention like her eyes.
We never knew
That moment
Would lead to now
And this life
Together
With children
And bills
And ruffled sheets filled with stuffed animals and childrens toys.
We never knew
Then
What we know
Now.

MG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home