The Booger Pickin' Morons

We're not really morons, we just play one on TV. Ok, the TV part is not true. Take a little trip down a scary little road we like to call "the inside of my (our) head". We're like you, only maybe a little weirder. If nothing else, we can promise that you'll never know what might get said here... that's a real-deal promise.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My Favorite Car

I read all about Judith's new car envy and she asked what our dream cars were. I've been thinking about it. I thought it would be an easy one that I could just comment on. I was wrong.

First of all, I'm not fans of SUVs. I couldn't ever drive a gas guzzling anything and feel ok about myself. I won't do that. I like the way the SUVs look, they just have the worst gas milage and I couldn't leave behind my 29/34.

So about 6 months ago, right when they came out, I went and drove one of the new Subaru Outbacks. It was going to be black, decked out and a five speed. Have you seen the sunroof on those bad boys? It was nice, though it felt like I was driving a tank. I was going to do the big trade in aaaaaaaaaaaaaand chickened out.

Then about 3 months ago, I went and saw my buddy down at Honda and drove the CRV and liked it. I could get the big super duper, heated leather seat business brand new at $300 over invoice. Couldn't get the manual, and at that price, that was ok. I took my car to the car wash and got the big detail package and everything so I could get top dollar on the trade in. When we sat down to sign the papers, I couldn't do it.

My dream car? I have it. It's a 2003 Mazda Protege 5. It's bright freaking yellow and the licence plates read MAMA P. I love it. I can fit both the kids in and don't feel like I'm driving a minivan. I feel like I'm driving a sports car, which I am. Not to mention, it doesn't define me, though it does represent me quite accurately.

Zoom Zoom.
ae

4 Comments:

  • At 2:52 AM, Blogger Judith Aames said…

    Annie, I am so glad I am not the only one that has trouble with the new car buying thing! The folks that can just go & trade every year or so on a whim amaze me. For me, my car is one of my friends and it is not so easy to just get a new one while dumping the old one. Perhaps I should not have such a realationship with my car, but I do. Too old to change!

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Annie Ehrenberg said…

    I worked for years to get my little yellow sports car. I don't think that I can ever have another color car. . . how would I find it in the Target parking lot?

    Just saw the redesigned CRVs on Rockstar:Supernova. They are good looking. Really nice. Not as hot as Tommy Lee, though!
    ae

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Angie Christie said…

    Got an SUV and love it. Have to have an SUV - Rotties don't fit in much else. Especially when I was taking two of them with me everywhere for awhile. They pretty much demand their own vehicle. Has to be an SUV. Even now just for the 1.
    She's funny, too. Everytime she sees the Mini in the driveway she sniffs it, as if it is a toy that she is going to take into her mouth at any time and try to toss it around.

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Moses Gandhi said…

    Gotta love a junk hauler that doesn't look like junk.

    I'm a Soccer Mom-wannabe...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home